Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring riding is just around the corner


Winter is almost over and spring is just around the corner. It is time to get out all the tack and get it in shape. Clean it up and dust it off. I don’t know about you but through the winter I stay indoors most of the time. There was a time when I loved to be out in the cold and snow but the years have taken a toll on me.
I have a problem breathing in the cold now.

                                                    
Bruce will go out and ride in the cold and he has a close friend that will ride with him. It keeps the horses in shape to ride every now and then even in the cold.

We have a riding arena just down the road from us and they like to go there and ride indoors and play games on the horses. I enjoy cow cutting, but I don’t do it a lot. I also enjoy team penning but it has gotten to be a hard sport in our area. The people are out to win not to have fun. I don’t have a problem wanting to win but not when you get mean and nasty with others in the game.

   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment- Tell me if I can give you some specific information.