Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cooking and camping

Now you are about ready to go camping and you need to decide on what you are going to cook, and where you are going to cook.


You can use a fire ring and a grate for grilling. You can use a tripod for a hanging kettle and coffeepot. You can either make or buy a solar cooker. Or you can use a propane cook stove.

I have a two burner Coleman cook stove that I carry with us. I also have a solar oven that I made and use quite a bit. We always have a fire in the fire ring when it is cool out, so I can put some things on it to cook.

I use an electric crockpot a lot. It does the cooking while we are out riding or site seeing around the country. When we are in a place that has electric hook-ups, I will use the crockpot. If we are in the fields or forest with the horses I will use the solar oven as the cooker.

It will do the same as the crockpot, simmer all day and make a yummy stew.

Coleman makes a kitchen cook stove that is really neat. I have not used it yet. It has a two burner stove that has a battery electric lighter. It has a sink, a cutting tray and a griddle. Check out all the Coleman equipment.

This Coleman kitchen has all you need.
Check out my other blogs  http://www.macdonaldsroundup.com/  and http://www.macdonaldtravelopus.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment- Tell me if I can give you some specific information.