Saturday, June 5, 2010

Where to go from start

That sounds like a funny begining but it is true. Where do I start to tell you about our adventures on horse back and camping. My husband, Bruce, and I have traveled all over Missouri riding trails and looking at campgrounds. I wrote a book on camping because we would go to a campground and find out that either it did not have water or camping was not with the horses or some other thing that we did not like. So, we traveled to fing the ones that we did like.

Bruce is a true horseman- he worked on horse back all his life in feed yards. He started when he got out of highschool. He got hurt in 1996 that would not allow him to keep working but he can still ride now that he has healed up. It took him four years to get back in the saddle.

The very first time we went anywhere we went to a place called Lead Mine, MO. It is a conservation area that now has camping stalls and water nearby. It used to be down under a hill and was all primitave camping near the river. It was and still is a nice place to camp. You can tie the horses in your camping area, on a line between trees. We carry portable panels with us to make a stall. The trails are easy and you can ride as long or as short a trail as you want. There are some hills, and a lot of gravel roads to ride on.

In addition to the campinmg area, the Conservation area has a day use only area in several places. So you can just go and ride through the day and return home.

I have a camping list that I used to make sure that I have all I need to stay a day or two. I will put it on here later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment- Tell me if I can give you some specific information.